American Association for
Marriage and Family Therapy:
The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy: Hawaii Division (AAMFT-HI) is a state division of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). We represent the professional interests of 380+ marriage and family therapists throughout the Hawaiian islands.
Our purpose is:
- To promote the common professional interest of those who are marriage and family therapists;
- To educate the public and allied professions about the documented and demonstrated effectiveness of a relationship-centered approach to mental and behavioral health;
- To support our members and allied professions with training and networking events; and
- To be a supportive resource for the mental health community and within the greater Hawaii community
Marriage and Family Therapists (commonly referred to as MFTs or family therapists) are trained and licensed to independently diagnose and treat mental health and relationship problems. Family therapists focus on understanding their clients symptoms and interaction patterns within their existing environment. ?
Research shows that marriage and family therapy is a cost-effective, short-term, and results-oriented form of treatment. Who are Marriage and Family Therapists?
- Licensed mental health practitioners
- Educated with master's or doctoral degree
- Trained with a minimum of two (2) years supervised clinical experience
- Family-focused psychotherapists and mental health generalists
Who are the clients of Marriage and Family Therapists?
Treated Per Year:
- 6.1 Million People
- 2,294,728 Individuals
- 808,798 Children
- 752,370 Couples
- 526,659 Families
Want to become a member of the Hawaii Division?
From the Desk of AAMFT HI President, Glenn Pressel, MA, LMFT:
"I work with people who are committed to recover from depression, anxiety, addictions (chemical and behavioral), PTSD, relationship issues, sexuality and death and dying issues. I have been in practice since the early 1980's and I believe that healing comes within the relationship with myself and my client working in a collaborative fashion. I work to understand what my clients are struggling with and what outcome they want. As a therapist I believe my own personal and professional growth is very important as it keeps me in a place of curiosity that is my main stance with my clients.
AAMFT HI - 2017 Annual Conference
If you are interested in being a part of the planning committee for the 2017 conference, please contact John Souza, Jr (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Stay tuned. More details coming very soon...
Mahalo & Aloha
CEU Process and Application is now available!!!
Click on the link below or cut and paste:
Follow the MFT page and look in the Membership Benefits section.
If you need assistance or have questions
call AAMFT at 808-282-1861 or Mary at 808-346-6784.
If you are seeking the services of a highly qualified marriage and family therapist please use AAMFT's TherapistLocator
I AM AN MFT Video
Mahalo for your Continued Support!